Here are some interesting facts about the Bible that are good to know:
- There are 66 books in the Bible (39 in the Old Testament, 27 in the New Testament ("testament" is just a fancy word for contract)).
- The Bible was "penned" by over 40 individuals. By "penned" I mean that God is really the author; however, He used 40 people to write the words down on paper.
- Moses wrote the most Old Testament books (the first five) and Paul wrote the most New Testament books (13 in total).
- The middle chapter in the Bible is Psalm 117 (the middle of the Bible, based on verses, is Psalm 118:8).
- The longest book is Psalms, with Psalm 119 being the longest chapter.
- The shortest book is 2 John, and Psalm 117 is the shortest chapter.
- The Bible was written over the course of 1500+ years by people from all walks of life: from kings and priests to farmers and fishermen.